FAQs for the Final Screening of Travis: A Soldier’s Story
Have you made plans to join us for the final red carpet screening of Travis: A Soldier’s Story on Veterans Day? Here are FAQs that will help you know what to expect next Tuesday, November 11 at the Majestic Theatre.
What time should I arrive? We recommend arriving at 6:00 so that you will be able to walk the red carpet and have your photo taken. The Dallas Fire-Rescue and Police Departments are providing Travis and his family with an escort, so you will want to be sure you have the opportunity to welcome this American Hero! The show will begin at 7:00 with a musical salute from American Idol finalist and singer/songwriter Tim Halperin, along with the Coppell High School Choir!
Will there be food available? Food Trucks will be outside of the Majestic Theatre from 5:30 to 7 p.m., if you would like to eat near the theatre. Inside the theatre, popcorn, candy, and beverages are available for purchase. The Majestic & DRG Concepts restaurants also offered a promo the day of the event for ticket holders.
What should I wear? Business casual and cocktail attire is great! Feel free to wear red, white & blue to show your patriotic spirit. If you are in the Service or are a First Responder, uniforms are encouraged.
What is the Director’s Cut version? This never-before-seen footage will be just over an hour and will include new interviews from Travis’s parents and his high school football coach. The journey over the last year has brought new developments for the Mills family, and we want to share the most updated version of this inspiring story with you. Even if you’ve seen the film before, it will be a new experience that you won’t want to miss!
How long is the event? This evening’s show will run from 7-9 p.m., with the VIP party taking place after the event upstairs in the balcony room for our sponsors and guests who purchased VIP tickets.
How do I get my tickets? There are two options: all tickets will be available for pickup at the Will Call booth with an ID. Tickets are also attached in the email with your receipt and can be printed at home ahead of time for faster entry.
Where should I Park?
- Majestic Theater Parking Garage – $5 (1920 Elm St., directly across from the theatre) has a 6 ft clearance and handicap parking is available on each level near the elevator banks.
- Lot 155 – $5 - 2200 Pacific Ave.
- Lot 175 – $5 – located at 2001 Elm. St
- Lot 185 – $5 – located at 210 Olive St.
- Uber is sponsoring the event by providing 20% off rides to and from the event, with the code TRAVISSTORY
How can I help spread the word?
- Share the ticket link via Social Media: http://bit.ly/veteransdaydallas
- Reach out to family and friends with the ticket link and an personal invitation to attend
- You can help by posting this badge on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Share this blog post with your family and friends